Apply to Join the IDA UT Board
We are now accepting applications for IDA Utah Board Members. Board member positions are open to any IDA members in good standing.
Not a member yet? Join here: https://www.darksky.org/our-work/ways-to-give/membership/
Board members will be selected based on their ability to commit to attending quarterly meetings, willingness to understand and represent IDA’s vision, mission, and values, and by skillsets and perspectives that will support IDA Utah to continue and increase Dark Sky advocacy and protection across the state.
What does board membership entail?
The duties and responsibilities of IDA Utah board members include the following:
- Attendance at IDA Utah quarterly board meetings (meetings are currently conducted via Zoom), and read materials sent in advance of board meetings.
- Responsibility for the health and wellbeing of the organization. Board members pledge themselves to help realize the mission, which is: The mission of the IDA is to preserve and protect the nighttime environment and our heritage of dark skies through environmentally responsible outdoor lighting. IDA is the recognized authority on light pollution and is the leading organization combating light pollution worldwide.
- Knowing the IDA UT budget, be active in planning that budget, and be active in planning membership events to help increase IDA membership.
- Maintainance of an active membership with IDA.
- Acting with care and loyalty, and putting the interest of the organization first. This includes disclosing pubicly any conflicts that arise in the course of my business or the organization’s.